The ZamFoot Crew Scouting Report: Ten Players to look out for
The Zambian Super League will be in full swing this weekend after the midweek flavour which saw the Green Buffaloes against Nkana game producing arguably one of the match of the season.
While the match at Nkoloma Stadium has been dubbed the ‘boxing match’, there was also another talking point. Youremember Banda’s Robin Van Persie esque goal!
With the fans back in stadia, the ZamFoot Crew takes a look at the 10 players to look out for this weekend based on how they have fared so far.
1. TIMOTHY BANDA (Central defender – Buildcon). Despite international Luka Banda and Dominic Chanda marshalling the defence for Napsa Stars, it was other Banda who caught the eye at the heart of the Buildcon defence alongside Isaac Shamujompa. Timothy helped Buildcon keep a clean sheet as they beat Napsa Stars.
2. KELVIN MUBANGA KAMPAMBA (Midfielder – Zesco United) – Many have wondered how and why Chipolopolo Boys coach Micho didn’t have Kechi a starting berth in Botswana.
The former Power Dynamos and Nkana midfielder will be the man to watch for Zesco United. He is a game changer.
3. ZACK CHILONGOSHI (Left back – Power Dynamos). The former K-Stars player will be hoping to get the nod ahead of Luka Chamanga at Nkoloma Stadium against Red Arrows.
There are already comparisons with Emmanuel Mbola for the firmer Prison Leopards and Kabwe Warriors.
4. STEVEN MUTAMA (Midfielder – Nkwazi) – Brilliant midfielder, passes, ball distribution and goals also deadly on set pieces. He has already scored a free kick this season. Also look for former Zambia Under-20 captain Langdon Mbewe.
5. ZIKURU ADAMS (Striker- Forest Rangers). The Ghanian forward has been in scintillating form this season for Fole Malembe. When the likes of Baba Basile and Jesse Were are still finding their feat, the former Nchanga Rangers and Zesco United has already hit the ground running.
6. MPHO MATHEKGANE (Midfielder – Forest Rangers) Finally Forest Rangers have a replacement for Austin Muwowo, very creative, can beat defenders, brilliant passing game and assists so far two or three assists to his name.
7. DINO DINANGA (Winger- Lumwana Radiants). He has pacy and can dribble. He offers the Patrick Phiri coached side width. Let’s see how he will fare against Lusaka Dynamos’ Paul Banda at Sunset Stadium tomorrow.
8. FRIEDRICK MWIMAZI (Central defence – Green Buffaloes) Slightly edges out his partner Chilimba Moonga.
The towering and lanky former Kabwe Youth Soccer Academy has been impressive for the army side. He also scored in that 5 nil demolishing of Nkana.
9. LEONARD MULENGA (Midfielder – Green Buffaloes) He only had a 25 minutes cameo in the game against Nkana but showed his class. Calm and composed on the ball. He distribution was awesome. Look out for his highlights v Nkana next week.
10. GOLDEN YAMIKANI MASHATA (Winger – Green Buffaloes) Cheered by his twin brother Geofrey, the boy from Mutender East is becoming a crowd favourite.
While national team is crying out for an out and out winger, the 19 year old is one to look out.
At some point, Zambia was spoiled for modern wingers like Clifford Mulenga, Kennedy Mudenda, Henry ‘Teacher’ Banda, Chisamba Lungu, Allan Mukuka, Jonas Sakuwaha and Rainford Kalaba, there are not many nowadays.
In Mashata, he could be the next big thing this season.
ZSL Round-Up: Felix Nyaende brace hands Munthali first win as Enock Sakala rescues a point for Numba Mumamba with his first Zesco United goal
The MTN/FAZ Super League action continued this afternoon with three interesting matches taking center stageRead More
ZSL round up: Lusaka Dynamos thrash not so Sensational Zanaco
Lusaka Dynamos finally recorded their first win of the season as they thrashed Sensational ZanacoRead More