Thursday, June 13, 2024

Sate Sate’s debut season in Egypt spoiled as league is suspended indefinitely

Ronald ‘Sate Sate’ Kampamba’s debut season in the Egyptian league has been thrown in turmoil after the Egyptian authorities suspended the league indefinitely following crowd trouble which ended with 22 people dead.

All league matches in Egypt have been suspended until further notice following trouble outside the Air Defense Stadium in Cairo that reportedly resulted in at least 22 deaths.

Fans and police are said to have clashed ahead of the top-of-the-table Premier League encounter between Zamalek and ENPPI on Sunday.

Supporters were reported to have been crushed as they attempted to enter the stadium for a game between the two Cairo clubs and tear gas was fired by police.

The official death toll has not been confirmed, with various reports of how many lost their lives on what was another dark day for Egyptian football.

Three years ago, the league was also suspended after 74 fans were killed following riots at a fixture in Port Said. Sunday’s game still went ahead despite the chaotic scenes outside the stadium and ended in a 1-1 draw.

Kampamba recently moved to Egyptian club Wadi Degla and with only one game played in the Egyptian career will have to wait to know the fate of the league in that country.

Related Articles

20 Comments

  1. AGONY TO THE YOUNG MAN.ANYWAY THINGS HAPPEN FOR A PURPOSE, COME BACK TO KALAMPE CONTINUE WHERE YOU STOPPED:BANGING GOALS AS EGYPT SORT OUT THEIR MESS.

  2. FWAYO GOES BACK TO ROMANIA Print Email

    Fwayo Tembo has returned to his old Romanian club Astra Girgiu.

    The 25-year-old was believed to be headed to China last week but Astra have recalled the bustling midfielder.

    ”Yes, some clubs wanted to sign him in China but Astra have requested him to complete his remaining 6 months on his contract. In fact, they have even given him an option to extend it by a year. Astra have agreed to give Fwayo four months salary on his return, ” a source told Sporto Zambia.

    Tembo left Lusaka last week via South Africa where he obtained a visa on Friday to travel to Romania.

    Tembo left Astra acrimoniously in September 2013 after a public spat with the club president.

    Tembo accused the club over not honouring contractual obligations.

    The vastly talented Tembo previously played for Basle in Switzerland before moving to Romania.

    Though Kaiser Chiefs and Azam of Tanzania wanted Tembo, they could sign him as Astra insisted he was their player.

    Tembo’s return to Romania brings to an end a long running saga that has seen the Lusaka lad miss almost 17 months of competitive club football.

    His inactivity led to Zambia boss Honour Janza to leaving out Tembo from the Chipolopolo squad that exited the Equatorial Guinea Nations Cup at the first hurdle

    • great news Tembo combined with sunzu, lubambo, chisamba, kalaba Mweene, kangwa plus the best from u17/20/23, zambia will shine

  3. I am a realistic person. I firstly want to comment on Zambians trying to compare themselves with Ghana. To be frank as a zambian. Ghana has overtaken us in football by far. We are nowhere near the class of Ghana and we should not make fun of them for losing to a sturdy studded civ team. On Herve Renard I maintain he isn’t a great coach and he will be exposed one day. Civ was beaten 4-1 by Cameroon and 3-4 at home to drc. These are uncharacteristic performances from civ which doesn’t easily lose. They won afcon this time around because they were by far the most experienced and solid team in africa this year when everyone else like Ghana, Egypt, zambia and Cameroon are all rebuilding. To conclude zambia has a good team all we need to do is remove Janza and bring a European coach and focus on youth zambia can win afcon again.

    • the two were equal and this explained by the penalty shootouts. in that case you need luck than anything else. to my Ghana friends don’t feel any pain. you are and wil remain Africas best period

  4. Fwayo is a player zambia needs we were really poor at afcon 2015. We have lost isaac chansa, Chris katongo, Joseph musonda, nyambe mulenga, hichaani etc these experienced players have aged and dipped in form and we having trouble replacing them.

    • my dear boy. its shear folly for u to put up a brave face wen tears of sorrow and weakness are all over yo face. relax and recover, then come bak to zamfoot

  5. Too bad for the loss of life related to sports which is supposed to unite them. But i have come to the conclusion that our Arab friends have very little regard for life. To them it too cheap a commodity to be butchered any time.

    Based on that the two parties can part ways if the league does not resume in good time. We need him active and sharpening his scoring skills.

  6. Wadi degla owner owns SK lierse in the belgian league they might attach him there for a while or since the are Arsenals satelite club the can recommend him there.oh the things my dreams are made off

  7. Had the chance to see Fwayo play four weeks ago in a xmas tournament in chawama he missed crucial penalty and the resident supporter weren’t happy with him.The poor guy was drenched in chibuku for his miss

  8. Sad start for Sate Sate but he shouldn’t hang his head low he should keep it up and believe things can only get better from here on.

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

0FansLike
9,690FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Trending

P