Edward Tembo and the Zesco United list of players in desperate need of loan moves away from Levy
Playing for a big club in the Zambia Super League is what most Zambian young upcoming players dream of and it does not come any bigger than, The Defending League Champions, Zesco United.
But however, it comes with a lot of competition as the big teams usually have a large pool of players and some good players may find themselves down on the pecking order.
A loan moves away from such a big club like Zesco United is always welcome and may help a player regain their form as they most likely move to clubs that can give them game time.
In this article, The ZamFoot Crew looks at five players who are in desperate need of a loan move away from Zesco United.
5) Mwape Mwelwa- The midfielder has found game time hard to come by with George Lwandamina preferring the likes of John Ching’andu, Anthony Akumu Agay, and Enock Sabamukama.
Mwape Mwelwa still has a lot of football left in him and can be a good addition to teams like Kansanshi Dynamos, Nakambala Leopards or KYSA with his Massive experience.
A move away can surely do him some good as he rarely makes the matchday squad at Zesco United at the Moment.
4) Fackson Kapumbu- The former Zanaco defender has dropped on the pecking order since the arrival of Mwila Phiri and the coming to age of John Chishimba.
Just two years ago Kapumbu made the top 30 list for the CAF African Player of the Year and Player of the Year (Based in Africa).
He now finds it hard to make the matchday squad which may not mean that he has become a bad player but just that he may need a fresh start or game time which can both be attained away from Zesco.
3) Solomon Sakala- The Zambia U23 national team captain has found it hard to break into the Zesco United starting line up.
He has to fight for a place with David Owino, Clement Mwape, Marcel Kalonda and the arrival of Adrian Chama has not made things any easier.
Solomon can easily walk into the starting line up for a number of clubs hence a loan move away from Zesco may not be a bad idea for game time and his continued development.
2) Logic Ching’andu- The young brother John Ching’andu has found it hard to break into the Zesco United starting line up and join his brother who is a regular.
When at Forest Rangers, Logic was one of the most exciting players in the league and seeing him constantly on the bench or out of the team is a little disappointing for a player who was coming up so well.
Logic needs to either fight his way into the starting line up or request a loan move to a team that can give him game time so that he returns when he is ready to walk straight into that zesco starting XI.
1) Edward Tembo- The U23 national team midfielder has rarely had game time since making his move to Zesco United from the City of Lusaka.
In 2017 while at ‘Cite ya Moto’ Tembo was among the best 15 players in the league and looked promising and destined for greater things.
He still has the same zeal and drive but with Anthony Akumu Agay, Kondwani Mtonga being Lwandamina’s preference, Edward’s chances are limited hence he needs to make a move away to get the game time he so desperately needs right now.
THE NKANA OF 2014 – A RONALD ‘SATE-SATE ‘ KAMPAMBA STORY
In 2013 Nkana finally won their 12th Zambia Super League title something that had beenRead More
FAZ Elections- Women’s league representatives: A look at Queens Academy Proprietor
Women’s football in Zambia has improved in the recent past as evidenced by the qualificationRead More