Chipolopolo captain apologizes to TP Mazembe…As Kabaso and Katumbi kiss and make up
Chipolopolo defender Kabaso Chongo has apologized to his club TP Mazembe over media reports linking him with a move away from the Lubumbashi based outfit.
Recent media reports suggested that the defender had decided his time at the DR Congo champions was up and was seeking greener pastures.
Kabaso earlier today met with TP Mazembe owner Moïse Katumbi in the presence of countrymate Rainford Kalaba to iron out the misunderstandings and misinformation that was circulating regarding, Kabaso’s future in Kamalondo.
“I want to apologize to everyone about the media reports because I am still a TP Mazembe player. As you watch this video forgive, Am still your son,” Kabaso told TP Mazembe media.
“TP Mazembe are looking for a club for me in Europe and am happy about that. I can’t run away, If there is an issue I need to sit down and discuss with my parent (Moise Katumbi),” he added.
TP Mazembe captain and former Zambia national team captain Rainford Kalaba dispelled rumors that Moïse Katumbi blocks players who want to leave the club.
“Since I came to TP Mazembe back in 2010 I have never seen a player having a problem leaving here for Europe. There were players like Kalituka, Mbwana Samatta who left for Europe,” he said.
“These rumors going around about the President, Moise Katumbi not releasing players when they want to leave is fake. People just want to furnish his name but he is a very good person who even advises us on how to go far and achieve more in life.”
8 juin 2020
Kabaso CHONGO a rencontré le Chairman
Le TPM a pris connaissance de certaines informations relayées par les médias laissant penser que le contrat de Kabaso CHONGO arrivait à son terme. https://t.co/xrdspMA4Fi#StopCOVID19 #PortezVotreMasque pic.twitter.com/ghsl2mPyzt
— TP Mazembe (@TPMazembe) June 8, 2020
Katumbi on the other hand assured Kabaso that the club remains open to the player’s initial wishes and ready to release him in case any club comes calling and is in agreement with Mazembe.
“When Zambia won the cup (2012 AFCON) we had the majority in the team. It’s a pleasure for me to receive my young brothers because we all Africans. Kabaso no one can stop you from going because you have served the team for a long time. You are very disciplined just don’t follow what the agents are telling you because you have a five-year contract of which you still remaining with three more years,” he said.
“I have never stopped anyone, Mbola went to Isreal, Sinkala and Stophila Sunzu who was in France last year and now in China. I always wish the best for the player so if there is a team that wants you we can’t stop you and you yourself told us to look for a team for you in Europe.”
” I have never had a problem with a Zambian player or any other player okay so let’s remain, brothers and friends,” he added.
Kabaso remains a TP Mazembe player as he running contract he signed back in 2018. His current contract with Mazembe runs until September 2023.
NINETY MINUTES SHIFT FOR MUSONDA, AS ŚLĄSK SECURE 2-NIL VICTORY
Zambia’s export to Poland, Lubambo Musonda, played a full 90 minutes as Śląsk’s secured victoryRead More
UCL: Action for Enock Mwepu in Salzburg’s 3-1 loss to Bayern Munich
Zambian midfield ace Enock Mwepu put in a 71-minute shift for Redbull Salzburg who sufferedRead More