Nkana FC is a Zambian football club based in Kitwe that plays in the MTN/FAZ Super Division. It is largely Zambia’s most successful and popular football club. They play their home games at Nkana Stadium in Wusakili, Kitwe.
The club is currently sponsored by Mopani Copper Mines.
Nkana FC is one of Zambia’s oldest football clubs having been formed in 1935 in Kitwe’s Wusakili township. The club was founded under the name of Rhokana United FC before it changed to Nkana Red Devils. In 1990, they were runners-up in the African Cup of Champions, the only Zambian team to ever reach the finals.
Over the years, Nkana have accumulated a record of success having won the Premier League title twelve times, most recently in 2013.
On 23 May 2014, head coach Masautso Mwale died in a road traffic accident on the eve of the home game against Séwé Sport of the Ivory Coast in the Group B in the 2014 CAF Confederation Cup. The accident occurred near Maposa area and his car overturned several times as he was driving back to join the team in camp in Kitwe.
- African Cup of Champions Clubs Runners-up: 1
- Zambian Premier League: 12
- 1982, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1999, 2001, 2013
- Zambian Cup: 6
- 1986, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 2000
- Zambian Challenge Cup: 7
- 1964, 1966 (as Rhokana United)
- 1992, 1993, 1998, 1999, 2000
- Zambian Charity Shield: 3
Performance in CAF competitions
- CAF Champions League: 3 appearances
- 2000 – Second Round
- 2002 – Second Round
- 2014 – Second Round
- African Cup of Champions Clubs: 9 appearances
- CAF Cup Winners’ Cup: 2 appearances
- 1998 – Quarter-Finals
- 2001 – Second Round
- CAF Cup: 1 appearance
- 1999 – Second Round
- NewsNkana Football Club has elevated head coach Aggrey Chiyangi to the position of Technical Director & has appointed his assistant ...
Read MoreNkana fc attacking midfielder Simon Bwalya has refuted reports that he is on the verge re-joining Power Dynamos. Bwalya who ...
Read More6th January, 2017, Kitwe Former Zanaco Football Club, Central Defender, Aaron Katebe and former Nakambala Leopards Football Club Defensive Midfielder, ...
Read MoreMTN Super League side Nkana will only allow red hot striker Walter Bwalya Binene if the money is right for ...
Read MoreIt is now 20 years since Mufulira Wanderers last won a league title while since the turn of century, Kitwe ...
Read MoreThe Football Association of Zambia(FAZ) has announced adjustments in the final fixtures of the 2016 MTN FAZ Super League. Football ...