Mozambique v Zambia: 12 things you need to know including permutations
1. Sven Vandenbroeck was in the stands and scouted the Namibia v Mozambique game last month. He then travelled to Maputo to check on the conditions of the pitch.
2. Whatever Sven Vandenbroeck wants, he gets! The Belgian ordered a media blackout in the build up to this tie.
Surprisingly, there was also a gag order against the FAZ media team as well!
If you have paid attention, there hasn’t been any updates on the Chipolopolo camping in South Africa the whole week.
Actually, FAZ Media Team which includes Desmond Katongo, Communications Manager and Sydney Mugala, Social Media manager are no where near the team in Maputo. Both gents are holed up in Lusaka.
Fans have been starved of information.
3. It’s now a tradition to have a chartered plane to Zambia’s away games. A South African Airways left Lusaka in the morning and has arrived in Morning with over 300 fans and journalists on board.
The fans are led by Pastor Peter Makembo. City of Lusaka supporter Kennedy Magrosa is also in Maputo.
Over 45 fans led by Yotham Mwanza left two days ago on GRZ registered Marcopolo bus.
4. This will be Kennedy Mweene, Rainford Kalaba and Stopilla Sunzu’s third visit to Mozambique while Nathan Sinkala and Lubambo Musonda will be making their second appearances.
Zambia recorded victories in 2011 and 2014 under Dario Bonetti and Honour Janza respectively.
5. Zambia will not qualify for AFCON 2019 should they lose to Mozambique this afternoon.
6. A draw in Maputo will keep Zambia’s hopes of qualifying alive, but only if they beat Namibia and Guinea Bissau beat Mozambique on match-day six.
7. If Zambia and Mozambique play out to a draw this afternoon, both Guinea Bissau and Namibia will qualify from Group K should they avoid defeats on matchday six.
8. If Zambia and Mozambique play out to a draw this afternoon, and win their matches against Namibia and Guinea Bissau respectively, it is Mozambique and Guinea Bissau who will qualify based on head to head records.
9. The only chance Zambia have of qualifying, should they draw with Mozambique, is if they beat Namibia and Guinea Bissau avoid defeat against Mozambique on matchday six.
10. Zambia will qualify automatically with victories over Mozambique and Namibia.
11. Should Prosper Chiluya feature, he will be making his debut.
12. Vandenbroeck will be sacked if Zambia lose in Maputo.
Wanyeka Munzi! What an insult to my intelligence as Wada says Sven has failed
Zambia’s failure to qualify to the African Cup of Nations for the second consecutive timeRead More
Kamanga passes the buck – Technical bench and players should take responsibility
Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) President Andrew Kamanga says a decision will soon be madeRead More