Dream Team Wrap Up: Dudey, Luchanga, the two Bandas in the stands
The Zambian Super League kicked off this weekend.
While there’s much interest in the newcomers and big spending duo Buildcon and Lusaka Dynamos, the ZamFoot Crew did not forget to track down the members of the ‘Dream Team.’
Members of the African Youth Champions have returned to their clubs after guiding Zambia to glory on home soil.
Below the ZamFoot Crew’s Kondwani Gondwe, Bernard Chama and Nicholas Chola tracks down Beston Chambeshi’s lads.
Goalkeeper: Mangani Banda (Zanaco)
The Kalikiliki bred goalie watched from the stands as Zanaco played to a 1-1 with Red Arrows.
2. Shemmy Mayembe (Zesco United).
Dauti Musekwa was preffered at right back in Nigeria as Zesco United came from 2-0 down to earn a vital draw against Enugu Rangers.
Enugu have since fired their coach.
3. Prosper Chiluya (Lumwana Radiants:- The left back started for the North Western based club as they dispatched Forest Rangers but it was Siame Musonda who impressed on the flanks. Siame is a peripheral member of the Under-20.
4. Moses Nyongo (Nkana) – The big defender who started most of Zambia’s attacks with that infamous diagonal switch which led to half of the goals the boys scored was also in the stands as Kalampa were held at home by Nakambala in a game Walter Bwalya missed a penalty.
5. Solomon Sakala (Napsa) – Skippo played 90 minutes but as a right full back.
Though he struggled with final ball, the 19 year old did end the match with an assist.
6. Boyd Musonda (Zanaco) – The Tanker is headed to Spain for trials at Celta Vigo but that did not prevent him from featuring for Zanaco against Red Arrows.
7. Edward Chilufya (Mpande Academy) – The Tiger could have ended up making his Super League debut for Lumwana but the bola yapa zed faithful will be glad that finally he is heading to Sweden for trials.
8. Enock Mwepu (Napsa Stars) – The on loan midfielder from Kafue Celtic is currently in Austria where he is attending trials.
9. Patson Daka (Lisfering, Austria)
He had support from home as Mwepu was in the stands cheering on him.
10. Emmanuel Banda Jnr (Esmoriz, Portugal) – The left footed playmaker was spotted at Edwin Imboela Stadium as he was cheering on his former Nchanga Rangers teammates.
11. Fashion Sakala (Spartak Moscow ll)- Mr Fashion played the last 8 minutes for his club on Saturday in goalless division one match.
12. Conlyde Luchanga (Lusaka Dynamos) – He watched from the stands at Heroes Stadium as coach Patrick Phiri opted for a front three of Clatous Chama, Tresor Kitambo and the impressive Chris Mugalu.
He is set to make the team for this weekend.
13. Patrick ‘Dudey’ Ngoma (Red Arrows) – Though he was left out of the AFCON U20 winning squad, the 19 year old still remains one of the best talents and that the reason why he has been recalled.
On Saturday, he didn’t feature.
14. Joseph Phiri (Red Arrows) – Very unlikely that he will make the squad for the World Cup as he is one of the peripheral members of the group.
He didn’t play as well against Zanaco.
15. Kenneth Kalunga (IFS, Denmark) – He hasn’t returned to his base and watch the local league as he was in the stands at Heroes Stadium.
16. Happy Nsofwa (Lumwana Radiants) – Another member of the side who has been in and out.
Started for Radiants and gave an impressive showing.
17.Chrispin Sakulanda (Mufulira Wanderers) – The diminutive winger came on in the second half in Wanderers’ 3-0 defeat to Green Buffaloes
PLEA TO THE MIGHT HUSBANDRY
The MTN Super league fanfare over the last 5 years has soared and many clubRead More
Chilufya jets into Sweden
Zambia Under-20 star Edward ‘Tiger’ Chilufya has landed in Sweden ahead of a possibleRead More