Chaila, Owino, Chingandu shine at Zesco 2016 awards
In a year when Zesco United achieved their biggest success in Africa, midfielder Misheck Chaila has been named the club’s ayer of the year.
The lanky holding midfielder was instrumental in helping Zesco reach the semi finals of the CAF Champions league.
David Owino bagged two awards, deservedly walking away with the fans award and the chairman’s award.
The Kenyan international was arguably the best central defender in the league.
Midfielder John Chingandu also bagged a brace of awards.
The young attacker left his best performances for the bigger stage as he shined more in the champions league than the local league.
He was named the club’s most valuable player and also the players player of the year.
The rest of the awards:
1. Most Improved Player – Shemmy Mayembe
2. Most Consistent Player – Ben Adama Bahn
3. Most Disciplined Player – Mwelwa Mwape
4. Top scorer – Jesse Jackson Were
5. Most Valuable Player – John Ching’andu
6. Players’ Player – John Ching’andu
7. Player of the Year – Misheck Chaila
8. Fans’ Award – David Owino Odhiambo
9. Chairman’s Award – David Owino Odhiambo
Zesco, Buffaloes win as ‘Mighty’ pull out of relegation
Log leaders Zesco United continued their march towards the 2017 league title with a 2Read More
Super league enters week 35
The MTN/FAZ super league this weekend will enter week 35 with 10 matches set toRead More