Chaila, Owino, Chingandu shine at Zesco 2016 awards
In a year when Zesco United achieved their biggest success in Africa, midfielder Misheck Chaila has been named the club’s ayer of the year.
The lanky holding midfielder was instrumental in helping Zesco reach the semi finals of the CAF Champions league.
David Owino bagged two awards, deservedly walking away with the fans award and the chairman’s award.
The Kenyan international was arguably the best central defender in the league.
Midfielder John Chingandu also bagged a brace of awards.
The young attacker left his best performances for the bigger stage as he shined more in the champions league than the local league.
He was named the club’s most valuable player and also the players player of the year.
The rest of the awards:
1. Most Improved Player – Shemmy Mayembe
2. Most Consistent Player – Ben Adama Bahn
3. Most Disciplined Player – Mwelwa Mwape
4. Top scorer – Jesse Jackson Were
5. Most Valuable Player – John Ching’andu
6. Players’ Player – John Ching’andu
7. Player of the Year – Misheck Chaila
8. Fans’ Award – David Owino Odhiambo
9. Chairman’s Award – David Owino Odhiambo
CAF CL: Zanaco beat Wydad Casablanca to go top of group D
Zambian league champions Zanaco have continued with their strong showing the CAF Champions league thisRead More
Zesco arrive in Sudan ahead of Wednesday game
Zesco United have arrived in Khartoum Sudan for their second game of the CAF ConfederationsRead More