Chaila, Owino, Chingandu shine at Zesco 2016 awards
In a year when Zesco United achieved their biggest success in Africa, midfielder Misheck Chaila has been named the club’s ayer of the year.
The lanky holding midfielder was instrumental in helping Zesco reach the semi finals of the CAF Champions league.
David Owino bagged two awards, deservedly walking away with the fans award and the chairman’s award.
The Kenyan international was arguably the best central defender in the league.
Midfielder John Chingandu also bagged a brace of awards.
The young attacker left his best performances for the bigger stage as he shined more in the champions league than the local league.
He was named the club’s most valuable player and also the players player of the year.
The rest of the awards:
1. Most Improved Player – Shemmy Mayembe
2. Most Consistent Player – Ben Adama Bahn
3. Most Disciplined Player – Mwelwa Mwape
4. Top scorer – Jesse Jackson Were
5. Most Valuable Player – John Ching’andu
6. Players’ Player – John Ching’andu
7. Player of the Year – Misheck Chaila
8. Fans’ Award – David Owino Odhiambo
9. Chairman’s Award – David Owino Odhiambo
PRE-SEASON TOURNAMENT: Warriors defeat Power to finish second
Kabwe Warriors beat Power Dynamos 3-2 in a thrilling encounter at Arthur Davies Stadium toRead More
Pre-season Friendlies: Arrows defeated by Russian side; Kalampa held
Zambia Super League side Red Arrows lost 2-1 to Russian Premier League side FC UfaRead More